Panama is located in Central America bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Colombia and Costa Rica.
THE SHIP REGISTRY
The Panama Ship Registry, originally established in 1917, is one of the oldest and is now the largest of the open ship registers. 2017 statistics indicated 9,100 vessels registered with a total tonnage of 222.6 million GRT; placing it well in front of other registers as the number One registry in the World.
The Head Office is located in Panama City and have attained ISO 9002 certification and has participated in the voluntary IMO member State Audit Scheme.
VESSEL REGISTRATION SERVICES
Our services ensure the applicant a smooth and fast registration process. Vessel registration is initiated by submitting ship documentation to our offices after which provisional registration status is obtained within less than 24 hours. The Panama Registry offers a wide range of Registration options to suit every need including:
- Provisional registration
- Special delivery registration
- Extension of Vessel registration documents
- Bareboat Charter (in and out)
- Title Recording
- Mortgage registration
- Applying for discount of fleet due to excellent performance in MOU’s
- Delivery of Panama Official Bridge and Engine Publications
- Seafarer Endorsements within 1 hour
- Performance of Flag State Inspections
- Exemption or single voyage requests
- Issuance of Annual Tax receipts
- Issuance of Manning, Bunker CLC, CSR or ISPS Certificate
- Applying for a waiver to participate with the Paris MOU Circular inspection
- Ships under construction
- Laid up registration
- Permanent registration
- Bunker Oil Pollution Damage Certificate (BCC)
- Security Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage (CLC)
- Removal of Wrecks Certificate (WRC)
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR)
- Laid Up Authorization
- Crew Dispensation Letter
- Authorization for Armed Personnel on Board
- Authorization Service Station Approval
- Authorization Extension Lifeboat and Launching Appliance Annual Service
- Authorization for Extension of Breathing Apparatus, EEBD SCBA Annual Service
- Authorization for Fixed Fire-Extinguisher Service
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC Part 1)
- Full Term International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
- Declaration of Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Ballast Water Management Plan Approval
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate
- A special Ship Safety Inspection program that ensures compliance with national and international maritime conventions being developed
- Statutory surveys may carried out by IACS and several Non IACS members
- There is no age limitation
Erik A. de Koning with Mr. Fernando A. Solorzano, Director of Panama Maritime Authority visiting Hubel Marine’s Office.
MANNING AND CERTIFICATION
- No nationality restrictions on officers or crew
- Crew certification from IMO "white listed" countries
- Fully qualified Panamanian seafarers and Cadets available
PANAMA SEAFARER ENDORSEMENTS
Most of our clients know us for giving service on a 24/7 basis. We receive inquiries as far as Australia to process applications for Panama Seafarer endorsements because we act faster than the nearby representative.
The seafarer department annually processes approximately 2,100 applications for Panama.
Submit your application today and we will have your Certificate ready in one hour.
Contact us now
Europe +31 10 458 7338
Ownership of a Panama flag vessel is open to Natural persons and any type of incorporation both national as international. International service vessels are exempt from Panama income tax. Ship owners take advantage of the flexibility of Panamanian offshore corporations by having such entity appear as owner of the vessel (also check our Corporation section).
Preliminary registration of title/mortgage is easily accepted by US, European and worldwide banks as providing satisfactory security. Several Banks are requesting Hubel Marine’s expertise to obtain a Legal opinion through Hubel Marine’s Legal network in Panama.
The laws of the Republic of Panama require that every Panama Corporation and / or vessel has a law office or lawyer as its Registered Agent in Panama. Use Hubel Marine’s Legal network in Panama that we provide to our clients for a nominal annual fee.
Interested in the Panama Register; inform us of your vessel details and we will provide a free tailor-made quotation with registration requirements free of charge.
ALREADY A PANAMA FLAG USER ?
When you are not satisfied with your present contact, or you would like to explore the Hubel Marine expertise? Contact us and we will show you the difference.
Managing Director Erik A. de Koning with his Excellency Minister of Maritime Affairs Jorge Barakat